Recently, the CDC made some modifications to its COVID-19 Quarantine guidelines. The Morrisville-Eaton Central School District is in the process of updating its Reopening Plan to reflect those changes.
Most notably, the CDC has shortened is recommended quarantine period to five days under certain conditions. The following bullets detail what is being incorporated into the District's Reopening Plan:
- Positive individuals will serve a 5 day quarantine rule for asymptomatic or if symptoms are resolving and you are fever-free for 24hours without the use of fever-reducing medication regardless of vaccination status.
- In order to be released, individuals must register online at https://www.madisoncounty.ny.gov/2560/Quarantine-and-Isolation
- Symptomatic Covid-19 positive individuals are to continue to quarantine for 10 days.
- In-school close-contact exposures with someone with COVID-19 will not be quarantined so long as masks are worn appropriately and socially distanced.
- Close contacts as a result of community or family exposure will be required to quarantine (see below)
- Household/family close contacts with someone with COVID-19 must quarantine for 5 days unless they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible). Individuals are not subject to quarantine if they are vaccinated and boosted unless they also present symptoms of possible infection.
- If a close contact is vaccinated and eligible for a booster but has not yet received it, they must quarantine for 5 days.
- Home tests are to be used only if an individual is symptomatic. Test kit accuracy is based on a specific viral load and may result in incorrect results if not used accordingly.
- *It is important to note that this guidance could change again
As soon as the updates are made, the District's full Reopening Plan document will be posted on the website.