The school property tax bills will be mailed by the county at the end of August and should be received by property owners no later than September 1st.
- September 1 – October 31: The District will accept tax payments by mail (see “Mailing Instructions” below) online (see “Online Payments” below), or in the drop box (see “Payment in Person” below),
- October 1 – October 31: payments received during this time-period must include a 2% penalty (see “Penalties” below).
- October 31: The last day the District can accept postmarked payments.
- November 1: Uncollected tax information is turned over to the Madison County Tax Office.
MAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The District will accept tax payments by mail from September 1 through October 31, 2022. Payments may be made payable to Morrisville-Eaton CSD Tax Collector and mailed to:
Morrisville-Eaton CSD Attn: Tax Collector P.O. Box 990 Morrisville, NY 13408
PAYMENT IN PERSON:
There is a drop box located outside the district business office to allow for payment drop offs. After the payment is received and processed, a receipt will be mailed back to you that day. The box will be checked Monday - Friday starting September 1st through October 31st. The district business office is located in the Middle/High School building at 5061 Fearon Rd.
ONLINE PAYMENTS: The District will continue to offer an online payment option this year. Fees collected by the online payment vendor are the responsibility of the payor.
- E-checks (deduction straight from your checking account): $1.75
- Debit Card Fee: $3.95
- Credit Card Fee: 2.45% of the tax bill
- Per the New York State Real Property Tax Law, Section 1322(1), payments must be received or postmarked no later than September 30, 2022 to avoid a 2% penalty.
- Payments received after September 30th (unless postmarked on or before September 30th) that do not include the 2% penalty will be returned to payor.
- An additional 5% penalty is assessed on tax bills that are not paid or postmarked by October 31st.
- Returned checks are subject to a $25.00 service fee.
The District does not accept tax payments after October 31st. All unpaid tax bills are turned over to the Madison County Tax Office on November 1st. Any Payments received after October 31st will be returned to the sender.