In order to keep our school buildings operational, MECS is preparing for its next capital project. The combination of the use of a portion of our capital reserves and retiring debt means that, if approved, there will be no additional taxes to be levied in order to complete some necessary work.
Proposed renovations tentatively include the following (depending on quotes):
• Toilet Rooms Reconstruction
• Field Lighting Reconstruction
• AHU and Air Quality Improvements (moisture)
• (2) Complete Classroom Renovations
• Vocal & Instrumental Music Room Renovations
• Gym Renovations/Refresh
• Boys Locker Room Renovations
• Corridor Finishes Update
• Green House Replacement/Expansion
• Digital Sign at Main Entrance
E.R. Andrews Elementary:
• Toilet Room Reconstruction
• Main Entrance Concrete Improvements
• Day Automation Building Management System Conversion
• Roof Reconstruction Slate & Associated EPDM
• Roof Protection (Snow & Ice Fall)
• Health & Wellness – New Expanded Playground
• Entry Door Replacement (3) Locations
A Public Information Meeting is set for Tuesday, November 29th - 6:30pm at the Middle/High Auditorium.
The Capital Project Vote is set for Tuesday, December 13th from 10:00am-8:00pm at the Edward R. Andrews Elementary School. The proposition on the ballot will be the following:
"Shall the Board of Education construct renovations, reconstruction and improvements to the Morrisville-Eaton Middle/High School and Edward R. Andrews Elementary School including for all of the foregoing, site and infrastructure improvements, parking improvements, athletic field and playground improvements, original furnishings, fixtures and equipment, architectural fees, and all other necessary costs incidental to such work and expend therefore a total sum not to exceed $8,000,000, which is estimated to be the total maximum cost thereof, and pay for the project by using $225,000 from the District’s capital reserve fund and, for the balance, by the levy of a tax which is hereby voted for the project in the amount of $7,775,000, subject to available State Aid, which tax shall be levied and collected in annual installments in such years and in such amounts as may be determined by the Board of Education and in anticipation of the collection of such tax, bonds and notes of the District are hereby authorized to be issued at one time, or from time to time, in the principal amount not to exceed $7,775,000, and a tax is hereby voted to pay the interest on said obligations when due."
If you have any questions about this upcoming project, please contact Matt Enigk, Business Administrator, at (315)684-9158
Visit our Capital Project Page here: https://www.m-ecs.org/page/cap...